Monday, October 1, 2012

The World's Best Flank Steak

Heeeeyyyy friends!  Me again.  I'm here to brag about my weight loss and to share a steak recipe with you.  First, I have lost 13 pounds in 5 weeks and I feel amazing!  Second, this flank steak recipe is the best, most delicious one on earth and there is no way I could ever prepare flank steak in any other way.  A bold statement, yes, but I only speak the truth.

This is my mother in law's recipe, and when my husband and I first started dating, I would dream about going over to his folks' house for dinner on the off chance that she would be making flank steak (and also because they are amazing in-laws and I totally lucked out in that department, but the food doesn't hurt).  Oh, it is so good.  The marinade is super easy and consists of things you probably already have in the fridge.  Flank steak is super tender if you don't overcook it and slice it correctly, and it cooks on the grill in no time.  Ugh, how I wish we had flank steak leftovers in the fridge right now....

Anyway!  I can't believe I haven't shared this before.  Actually, I do.  And that is because we usually gobble it down so fast that I don't get a chance to take a picture of it before it is gone.  This time I remedied that by making two flank steaks.  Genius at work.

Enjoy!



The World's Best Flank Steak
Source: My mother-in-law, Mona

1 1/2 cups salad oil (vegetable or canola)
3/4 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium)
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. dry mustard
3 tbsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
2 tsp parsley flakes
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/3 cup lemon juice
Garlic Pepper seasoning to taste (we like McCormick brand)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl.  Pour over flank steak in a shallow baking dish and place in fridge for 8 hours or overnight.

Heat grill to medium high.  Grill steak for 8 minutes on the first side and 5 minutes on the second side for medium rare (which is best because you will slice it really thinly)

Let steak rest for 10 minutes before slicing.  Slice very thinly on the diagonal ACROSS the grain.  This is very important or it won't be tender.  Serve with garlic pepper sprinkled on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment