Monday, January 23, 2012

Roasted Sea Bass with Pineapple Avocado Salsa

Please excuse me while I write this mediocre blog post.  I'm multi-tasking and the other task at hand is watching The Bachelor.  Oh, the sweet, sweet, ridiculousness that is The Bachelor.  Every season brings us to a higher level of crazycakes.  I don't even care if its real or not (probably not), or if the show never actually results in a long-standing relationship (I think The Biggest Loser actually has a better marriage rate than The Bachelor, and, well....that's not even the point of THAT show).  I just love the drama and the meltdowns.  It makes me feel better about myself, too.  I mean, I might have had a crazy tendency or two back in my dating days, but these ladies take it to an entirely new level.

My favorite is when the girls get really upset when the bachelor goes out with the other chicks on the show.  Um, that is....kind of the whole premise.  There is only one bachelor and 25 lunatics ladies....so sharing is what happens here.  And then they also cry a whole lot.  I guess if someone stuck me in a house with a bunch of people trying to beat me at something and said house was filled with booze and no TV and a bunch of crazy people, I'd cry a lot too.

Anyway!  I won't talk too much about tonight's episode in case you haven't watched yet (you know you watch The Bachelor, too, don't even lie).  Time to move on.

By the way.  I know my last few posts make it sound like I don't do anything besides pin stuff and watch trashy TV.  I mean....I do those things.  A lot.  But I swear I have other hobbies.  Like taking pictures of my food. 


Onward!  Roasted Sea Bass and pineapple avocado salsa.  I had it in my head that the fish for this dish HAD to be sea bass, and even though it cost 2 million dollars a lot per pound, I bought it anyway.  I hope my husband isn't reading this, because I think you can see through that crossed out text. 

This dish was seriously tasty.  I love avocado on anything and it was perfect with the pineapple and the buttery fish.  Plus, it was healthy and we all know that's important.  You know, in case we get invited to be on The Bachelor and have to hang out by the pool in bikinis with 25 of our favorite lunatic friends.

Enjoy!






Roasted Sea Bass with Pineapple Avocado Salsa
Source: Adapted from Pink Parsley, salsa originally from Everyday Food, Jan/Feb 2012

2 avocados, diced
2 cups finely diced pineapple (use fresh here, I think it makes a difference)
1-2jalapenos, depending on size, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
juice of 2 limes
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chipotle chili powder
4 white fish fillets (5-6 oz each...I used Chilean Sea Bass and it was wonderful)
1 Tbs olive oil

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple, jalapeno, cilantro, red onion, lime juice, and minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.

Pat the fish dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper, garlic powder, and chipotle chili powder.

Heat the oil in a large oven-safe skillet until very hot, but not smoking. Saute for 1-2 minutes per side, or until they are very light golden-brown.



Remove the pan from heat and transfer it to the oven. Cook 5-7 minutes, or until the fish is opaque throughout and flakes easily with a fork.

Top fish with salsa and serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. "higher level of crazy cakes" HA! That's pretty hilarious.

    ReplyDelete