Saturday, July 21, 2012

Grilled Broccoli with Chiptole Lime Butter and Queso Fresco

Earlier today, I was trying to count the number of days in July that I get to sleep in my own bed, but then it got really scary and I stopped.  Needless to say, its far less than half.  All this travel leaves little room for cooking and blogging, but I'm determined to keep this little gem of a blog going, so here we are. 

We eat a TON of broccoli in this household, and I'm always looking for new ways to cook it.  I'd never thought to put it on the grill until recently when I treated myself to an issue of Food and Wine (along with 8 other magazines) for a long plane ride.  I love the idea so I decided to give it a try.  Plus, it has chipotle lime butter and queso fresco on there....can't beat that with a stick.

I'm going to keep this post short and sweet since I have a lot to do this afternoon.  Like drink a glass of wine while watching House Hunters on DVR and then go to a baseball game.  Wonder if they have wine there?




Grilled Broccoli with Chipotle Lime Butter and Queso Fresco
Source: Food and Wine

3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon Tabasco Chipotle Sauce
1 teaspoon honey
1 garlic clove, finely grated on a Microplane
Salt
2 heads of broccoli—stems trimmed, cut into large florets
Olive oil, for drizzling
1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco

In a bowl, stir the softened butter with the lime zest, lime juice, Tabasco, honey and garlic and season lightly with salt.



Transfer the broccoli to a platter and toss with the lime butter. Garnish with the queso fresco and serve.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't this great? I made it a few weeks ago and loved it.

    ReplyDelete