Friday, June 3, 2011

Caribbean-Lime Pork Chops with Mango-Lime BBQ Sauce. And Vacation!

You know what's awesome?  The fact that the older you get, the cooler and funnier your parents seem to get, too.  Its like one of those sliding scales (or a bell curve?) or something.  I used to not think my Dad was funny AT ALL (unless by "funny" you mean "debilitatingly embarassing"), and neither did my siblings.  Now he is hilarious!  Like the funniest guy alive.

We're going to the beach with my parents and both my siblings and their spouses tomorrow for a week.  I don't think I've spent a whole week with either of my siblings or my parents since high school.  I'm sure it'll be fine...I mean, we like each other a lot when we're together for 2 days, so I'm sure that means we'll LOVE each other a WHOLE lot for if we're together for 7.  I'll let you know how that goes.

Anyway, I'm super excited for Beach Week 2011.  Its going to be just like beach week in high school except that the house is nicer and we look less attractive in our bathing suits.  And we'll drink fine wine istead of Boone's Farm Diet Coke.

We'll probably be cooking a ton, so I might keep up the blog while I'm gone.  Or I might not.  We'll just have to see!


Anyway, I realized I had one more recipe in my file that I hadn't posted yet, so here you go.  Made these pork chops the other night and they were delcious.  They were a little over-cooked (damn you, the "other white meat", why are you so hard to cook perfectly!??!), but still yummy.  The BBQ sauce helped that a bit.  Enjoy!


Caribbean-Lime Pork Chops with Mango-Lime BBQ Sauce

6 pork chops (I only used 2)
juice of 2 limes
lime zest
Mrs. Dash Caribbean Citrus Spice
Cilantro

1 mango
1 lime + zest
dash of Caribbean Citrus Spice
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
salt and pepper

To make marinade: zest and juice limes over top of pork chops in a baking dish. Sprinkle spice over both sides of chops, then toss cilantro on top. Cover and marinade for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
Preheat grill. Add pork chops and grill until cooked through.
Make sauce. Peel and cut up mango. Place mango chunks into small sauce pan over medium heat-cook until slightly softened. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for about 5 minutes until thickened.
Pour sauce over pork chop, squeeze lime over and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment