Thursday, June 23, 2011

Peanut Butter Banana Muffins with White Chocolate Chips

I just got back from Crate and Barrel and Homegoods in search for a cute but inexpensive table to put my printer on in my cute new home office.  The desk doesn't have enough room because of all my pretty pens and my humongous desk calendar that houses all of my fun travel and social plans (written in a rainbow of colors of course).  Every time I got to Crate and Barrel (or Homegoods), I have an overwhelming desire to purchase a new house.  Now, in case you're wondering, I already have 2 houses (not by choice, my friends) and I need another one like I need a hole in the head.  But new houses mean completely clean canvases for decorating and that scenario is seriously like my dream come true.  An empty home (and a full wallet) to me is like a room full of college girls with Twitter accounts to Anthony Wiener.  Pure heaven, I tell ya.

We moved into our house, like, less than a year ago, and while I was excited about the purchase of our first house as a married couple and living in a wonderful neighborhood, I was really mostly just excited that there were so many rooms to buy things for.  I actually dreamed about it at night because I'd lay in bed while I was trying to fall asleep and decorate the whole house in my head.  Once we moved in, I decorated all of the rooms except for the office right away.  Because we had no use for a home office at the time, and our attempt to turn it into a "TV den" proved to just be a waste of the $800 TV and the $15 a month for the extra cable box.  But now that I have a use for the home office, I got busy and just finished the last room.  Well, it will be finished when MY HUSBAND HANGS THE SCONCES IN MY OFFICE!  The ones that have been sitting there for months.  He seems to think that if he ignores my requests, I'll eventually forget about it move on to a decorating scheme sans sconces.  He is wrong.  I won't forget, and I'll probably get increasingly annoying about it.

Anyway, when I was shopping for a printer table today, I saw about 7000 things that I wanted to buy (in addition to the printer table, $23 at Homegoods, score!!).  But since our current home is already full, I can't buy any of these things that I want unless I get ANOTHER home.  See my dilemma?  I thought so.


Homegoods also had this really cute blue and white plate that I thought would be perfect to photograph with my Peanut Butter Banana Muffins with White Chocolate Chips.  I think I was right. 

These muffins were so, so good.  I guess its hard to go wrong with peanut butter, bananas, and white chocolate.  I made them for breakfasts, but I do think they might be a better fit as a dessert.  They're awfully tasty, but a bit rich and sweet for first thing in the morning.  But whatever floats your boat...these are technically good any time of day!






Peanut Butter Banana Muffins with White Chocolate ChipsSource: Loosely adapted from Sugar Plum Blog


2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (I used 2 1/2)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (I used crunchy)
2 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used white chocolate chips)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with liners.  Set aside.

In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

In the bowl of a mixer, beat banana, peanut butter, 2 tablespoons of the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together on medium speed until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Lower speed the mix in milk and flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 20-30 minutes, or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment