My blog got an award! Can you believe that??!? I know, me neither! I started this blog to have all my recipes in one place and to share with my friends and family who are always asking for dinner ideas. Oh, and also because the status update portion on Facebook is just NOT big enough for all the things I feel like saying. I didn't think anyone but my Mom and my husband (and he only reads to make sure I don't say anything bad about him) read this blog, and now I have an award. Who woulda thunk it?!
The award came from Christina at This Woman Cooks. She is great and has wonderful recipes! I'm so flattered that she deemed my blog award-worthy...thanks Christina!
So here's how the award works:
1. Thank them, make a post, and put a link back to the person/s who gave us this award.
2. Share 7 things about ourselves.
3. Pass the award to 10 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and personally tell them about the award.
Seven things about me, huh? Here goes:
1) I am TERRIFIED of pigeons. I could go on and on forever about how disgusting they are and how any human who deigns to FEED ONE should be throat punched. I'd rather sleep in a pit of spiders than have a pigeon touch me (or even look at me with their beady little eyes). Also, have you ever noticed that there are never any baby pigeons around anywhere? I don't know about you, but that seems like a CLEAR indication they are not hatched from an egg, but rather spawned straight from the devil himself.
2) When I was little, I used to sit in the gravel driveway and suck the dirt off of the rocks. I think that explains a lot.
3) I am entirely too wrapped up in my frequent flyer status with airlines. I know that in the grand scheme of life it doesn't really matter all that much, but I know there's a part of everyone who feels cool going through the special security line and getting on the plane before the overhead space is taken up, even if you don't get upgraded to first class every time. People who don't think status is important clearly don't have any.
4) I have the attention span of a hummingbird with brain damage. I literally cannot complete a task without getting distracted by at least 4 other tasks that make me think of something I forgot to do, which makes me think of something I've been meaning to look up, and OMG its been an hour since I checked Facebook and I'm almost going to beat Rori in Words With Friends FINALLY, so I should probably just look at my iPhone real quick and now I have a meeting so I'm sure I'll just finish up that powerpoint slide before I leave work for the day. But I actually have to leave work on time so I can wash the same load of laundry for the third time while I FINALLY clean out my closet, and....oh look, a squirrel!
5) I am obsessed with pasta and could eat it for every meal for the rest of my life and never get sick of it. Unfortunately, avoiding these types of carbs is the only way I've ever gotten to my ideal size. Le sigh.
6) I get very, very grumpy when I am hungry. This charming trait runs in my family.
7) I don't recall a time in my life that I've been as happy as I am right now. That's a pretty darn good feeling, if you ask me.
Speaking of happy, it'll be fun to share a few of the blogs that I read that make ME happy. Some of them have been around for awhile and are only recently discovered by me, but I hope you find the blogs as fun to read as I do, and I hope they are happy to get an award from little old me. Enjoy!
6) Divine Bite